Brian lives in Raleigh with his wife Denise, who works for Wake County Government, and two teenagers, Brock and Adria. Outside of campus, Brian can be on the sidelines of soccer games, reading, and enjoying coffee. There might be occasional visits to arenas in Buies Creek and Durham as well to watch the Camels and the Devils.
Brian began his current position as the director of the Campbell Youth Theological Institute, and Associate Campus Minister in 2016.
Before returning to Campbell in 2013 as an adjunct faculty member in the Divinity School, Brian spent over two decades working in and with congregations and their education ministries, with a special emphasis in youth and adult education ministry. He is also a frequent writer and speaker on issues of social media, family communication, and leadership.
- BA, Campbell University
- MRE, The Divinity School, Duke University
- EdD, Educational Leadership and Community Education, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Congregational Consultant and Organizational Coach, Center for Congregational Health
- ICF Certified Coach
- 20 years in congregational leadership
- Dissertation: (2010). An Investigation of the Success of Organizations Involved in Community Engagement Initiatives
- (2014) #Connect: Reaching Youth Across the Digital Divide, Smyth & Helwys Publishing
- (2013) How to be #SocialMediaParentsCreate Space PublishingIngram, M. ed. (2013) PausePassport Media
- Foreman, Prosser and Woody. (2004) Help! I Teach Youth Sunday SchoolSmyth & Helwys Publishing