Dr. Noonan is an APTA certified specialist in pediatric physical therapy and a former LEND fellow. Her clinical experience spans home health, early intervention, outpatient, inpatient acute and school system settings. Areas of teaching expertise include pediatric physical therapy and human development. Additional teaching areas include orthotics and prosthetics, assistive and adaptive technology, clinical reasoning and service learning.
- Pediatric Physical Therapy Residency, Duke University
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT), UNC Chapel Hill
- BA English, Vassar College
- Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Certified Educator of Infant Massage
- American Physical Therapy Association, Academy of Pediatrics
- American Physical Therapy Association, Education Section
- Noonan C, Taylor M, Shearin H, Powell D. Comparison of clinical instructor and student perceptions of clinical performance in the first internship of a doctor of physical therapy program. Combined Sections Meeting of the APTA. Anaheim, CA. 02/19/16.
- Noonan C. Mobility and pediatric development: why power and when. Seating and Mobility Summit. Campbell University. Buies Creek, NC. 01/20/16.
- Noonan C, Tartick K, Rhudy S. Yoga for special education students in Durham Public Schools. North Carolina Physical Therapy Association Fall Conference. Greensboro, NC. 10/10/14.
- Ollendick K, L Wilfley L, Noonan C, Scales M, Scow S, Brown L. Identification of Incidence, Risk Factors, and Causes of Falls in Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. APTA Combined Sections Meeting, Las Vegas, NV 02/05/14.
- Noonan C. Enhancing Participation Through Transition Services, Respite Care and Blogging North Carolina Physical Therapy Association, Spring Conference 5/18/13
- Noonan C, Little D, Errickson SP. Successes, Failures and Plans for the Future: Assessing the Impact of UNC Chapel Hill’s Physical Therapy Service Learning Program on Guatemalan Therapists Combined Sections Meeting of the APTA, San Diego, CA 01/25/13
- Little D, Noonan C, Errickson SP. UNC Physical Therapy Guatemalan Project: Maximizing Acquisition of Cultural Competency Skills for Physical Therapy Students through Service Learning in a Developing Country APTA Combined Sections Meeting, San Diego, CA 01/25/13
- Noonan C. Antigua to Chapel Hill: Students’ Use of Social Media to Design an International Service-Learning Experience Carolina Clinical Education Consortium, Raleigh, NC 03/12/10