David Bohm joined Campbell Law School as the director of development on May 10, 2016. Prior to Campbell Law, Bohm served as the assistant executive director of the North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA) since 2008.
At the NCBA, Bohm assisted with the administration of a budget and endowment of $10 million each, coordinated development and strategic planning, and helped oversee the day-to-day administration of the state’s largest voluntary legal membership organization.
Prior to the NCBA, Bohm practiced law as an associate at Johnston, Allison & Hord in Charlotte (2003-08) and Sumrell, Sugg, Carmichael, Hicks & Hart in New Bern (1999-2003).
Licensed to practice in both North Carolina and Kansas, Bohm has been active in the National Association of Bar Executives (NABE) and various nonprofit boards, including the Cary YMCA, Dorcas Ministries, and Wheels 4 Hope. Twice honored by the NABE, Bohm received the organization’s President’s Award in 2011 and the Peer Excellence Award in 2014.
A native of Osborne, Kan., Bohm earned his bachelor’s degree, magna cum laude, from Washburn University in 1995, and his juris doctor from Washburn University School of Law in 1998. He also completed a master of law (LL.M.) in health law from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2000.
Bohm and his wife, Summer, reside in Apex with their two children.
- B.S., Washburn University
- J.D., Washburn University School of Law
- LL.M., Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Executive Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership from Duke University
- Law practice experience
- Associate Attorney, Johnston, Allison & Hord
- Associate Attorney, Sumrell, Sugg, Carmichael, Hicks & Hart
Awards, Recognition & Honors
- President’s Award, National Association of Bar Executives, 2011
- Peer Excellence Award, National Association of Bar Executives, 2014
- Dorcas Ministries Board of Directors
- Wheels 4 Hope Board of Directors
- St. Marys Board of Visitors
- City of Raleigh Museum Board of Directors
- Y Guides Advisory Board