Dr. Dedrick is the founding chair and director of the Campbell University DPT program. He has conducted 80+ post professional education conferences and been an invited speaker for 17 Regional and National conferences. Areas of teaching expertise include musculoskeletal differential diagnosis and intervention, manual therapy, and imaging and screening for medical conditions in physical therapy. Research interests include: 1) effect of restricted blood flow training in persons with decreased mobility; 2) exploration of imaging in PT practice; and 3) motor control strategies of the trunk and lower extremity.
- Doctor of Science, Texas Tech University
- Master of Physical Therapy, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Bachelor of Science, University of North Texas
- Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (2009-2019)
- Graduate of Education Leadership Institute Fellowship Program, 2017
- American Physical Therapy Association
- North Carolina Physical Therapy Association
- Orthopedic, Education, and Health Policy Section Member
- PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS (23)
- Selected Publications include:
- Nagar VR, Hooper TL, Dedrick GS, Brismee JM, McGalliard MK, Sizer PS. The effect of current low back pain on volitional abdominal activation during a loaded functional reach activity. PM R. 2017;9(2):127-35.
- Ulm MH, Windsor BA, Dedrick GS, Powell DW. Comparison of ankle taping and bracing on ankle biomechanics during landing in functional ankle instability. Central Eur J Sport Science and Med. 2015; 11(3):5-14.
- Kitani L, Apte GG, Dedrick GS, Sizer PS, Brismée JM. Effect of variations in forced expiration effort on pelvic floor activation in asymptomatic females. J Women's Health Phys Ther. 2014;38(1):19-27
- Nagar V, Hooper T, Dedrick G, Brismée JM, Sizer P. The effect of recurrent low back pain history on volitional preemptive abdominal activation during a loaded functional reach activity. Spine. 2014;39(2):E89-96. Doi: 10.1097/BRS.0000000000000091.
- Ulm MH, Windsor BA, Dedrick GS, Powell DW. Comparison of ankle taping and bracing on ankle biomechanics during landing in functional ankle instability. Central Eur J Sport Science and Med. 2015, in-press.
- Kitani L, Apte GG, Dedrick GS, Sizer PS, Brismée JM. Effect of variations in forced expiration effort on pelvic floor activation in asymptomatic females. J Women's Health Phys Ther. 2014. 38(1):19-27.
- Matthjis OCG, Dedrick GS, James CR, Brismée JM, Hooper TL, McGalliard MK, Sizer PS. Co-contractive activation of the superficial multifidus during volitional preemptive abdominal contraction. PM R. 2014;6:13-21.
- Lohman C, Smith MP, Dedrick GS, Brismée JM. Validity of musculoskeletal ultrasound for identification of humeroradial joint chondral lesions: A preliminary investigation. J Athl Train. 2014; 49(1):7-14.
- Manning DM, Dedrick GS, Sizer PS Brismée JM. Reliability of a seated three-dimensional passive intervertebral motion test for mobility, end-feel, and pain provocation in patients with cervicalgia. J Man & Manip Ther. 2012;20(3):135-41.
- White C, Dedrick GS, Sizer PS, Apte GG, Brismée JM. The effect of isometric shoulder internal and external rotation on the acromiohumeral distance. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2012;91(3):193-9.
- Apte G, Nelson P, Brismée JM, Dedrick G, Justiz R, Sizer PS Jr. Chronic female pelvic pain; Part I: Clinical pathoanatomy and examination of the pelvic region. Pain Prac. 2012;12(2):88-110.
- Dedrick GS, Sizer PS, Sawyer BG, Brismée JM, Smith MP. Immunohistochemical study of human costotransverse joints: A preliminary investigation. Clin Anat. 2011;24(6):741-7.
- McGalliard MK, Dedrick GS, Brismée JM, Cook CE, Apte GG, Sizer PS Jr. Changes in transversus abdominis thickness with use of the abdominal drawing-in maneuver during a functional task. PM R 2010;2(3):187-94.
- Dedrick GS, Sizer PS, Merkle JN, Hounshell TR, McComb-Robert JJR, Sawyer SF, Brismée JM, James CR. Effect of sex hormones on neuromuscular control patterns during landing. J Electromyogr & Kinesiol. 2008;18(1):68-78.