Dr. Moran is the Field Experience Coordinator and the CACREP Liaison for the Counselor Education program. She is a licensed school counselor and Licensed Professional Counselor. Dr. Moran has 8 years experience as a school counselor with experience at all three levels. She also has experience as a clinical mental health counselor. Dr. Moran serves on the editorial boards of Professional School Counseling and Counselor Education and Supervision. She is also the current Treasurer of the North Carolina Counseling Association.
- PhD, Counselor Education and Supervision, Virginia Tech
- Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPCA) North Carolina
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) South Carolina
- Pupil Personnel Services License - School Counselor PreK â€“ 12 Commonwealth of Virginia
- American Counselor Association (2000 â€“ Present)
- American School Counselor Association (2003 â€“ Present)
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (2007 â€“Present)
- Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (2007 â€“ Present)
- North Carolina Counseling Association (2015 â€“ Present)
- North Carolina School Counseling Association (2015 â€“ Present)
- North Carolina Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (2015 â€“ Present)
- North Carolina Licensed Professional Counselors Association (2016 â€“ Present)
- Moran, K. (2016). Anxiety in the classroom: Implications for middle school teachers. Middle School Journal, 47:1, 27-32, DOI: 10.1080/00940771.2016.1059727
- *Milsom, A & Moran, K. (2015). From school counselor to counselor educator: A phenomenological study. Counselor Education and Supervision, 54(3), 203-220.
- *Moran, K. & Bodenhorn, N. (2015). Elementary school counselorsâ€™ collaboration with community mental health providers. Journal of School Counseling, 13(4). Retrieved from http://www.jsc.montana.edu/articles/v13n4.pd
- *Moran, K. & Milsom, A. (2015). The flipped classroom in counselor education. Counselor Education and Supervision, 54(1), 32-43.