LaKeshia is the Curriculum Materials/Media librarian for Wiggins Memorial Library at Campbell University. She received her undergraduate degree in English, B.S., from Fayetteville State University and her master’s degree in Library Science from North Carolina Central University. LaKeshia is currently pursuing her doctorate degree in Educational Leadership at Fayetteville State University. LaKeshia taught high school English for eight years, and her experiences confirmed for her the importance of the inclusion of diverse literature in the classroom as well as outside of the classroom. LaKeshia also serves as an adjunct professor for the School of Education teaching Children’s Literature. One of her goals for the course is for pre-service teachers to become familiar with authors and books representing diverse populations. LaKeshia is honored and excited to serve on the Coretta Scott King Book Awards Jury, 2017-2019.
- English, B.S., Fayetteville State University
- Library Science, M.L.S., North Carolina Central University
- American Library Association Member
- Coretta Scott King Book Awards Committee Member
- Young Adult Library Services Association Committee Member
- Ethnic and Multicultural Information Exchange Round Table, (EMIERT), A Round Table of ALA