Dr. Pound has been on faculty with Campbell University since 2002. She has 16 years of experience as an inpatient pharmacist and Internal Medicine faculty at Cape Fear Valley Health Systems in Fayetteville, NC and New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, NC. In 2017, Dr. Pound changed her practice to focus solely on academia as the Therapeutics course director for Phar 501, 503, 545 and 547. She is involved with various committees within CPHS, and her scholarly interests include curriculum-related research.
- PharmD, Campbell University
- R.Ph., N.C.
- BCPS, 2003-present
- Specialty Resident-Internal Medicine/Infectious Diseases/Academia, Duke University Hospital and Campbell University CPHS, 2001-2002
Awards, Recognition & Honors
- Clinical Pharmacy Preceptor of the Year-CU CPHS Eastern Region, 2011 & 2013
- Clinical Pharmacy Preceptor of the Year-CUCPHS Southern Region , 2008
- Served as member of ACCP, ASHP, NCAP and AACP.
- El Melik R, Dubil A, Pound MW. Duration of therapy with acetylcholinesterase inhibitors in patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer’s disease as reported in the literature. Consult Pharm. 2014;29:400-407.
- Drew R, Townsend M, Pound M, Johnson S, Perfect J. Recent advances in the treatment of life-threatening invasive fungal infections. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2013;14:2361-2374.
- Pound MW and Reel JE. Daptomycin-non-susceptible VRE bacteremia: a case report and review of the literature. Infect Dis Clin Pract 2013;21:79-84.
- Wensil AM, Pound MW, Herring C, Smith JD. Comparison between point-of-care random plasma glucose and point-of-care hemoglobin A1C for diabetes screening in migrant North Carolina farm workers. J Am Pharm Assoc 2013;53:261-266.
- Nye AM, Hamrick I, Rauch A, Pound MW, Shelton P. Documenting the use of calcium supplements with oral bisphosphonates. Consult Pharm 2013;28:27-34.
- Pound MW, Townsend ML, Dimondi V, et al. Overview of treatment options for invasive fungal infections. Med Mycol 2011;49:561-580.
- Townsend ML, Pound MW, Drew RH. Potential role of tigecycline in the treatment of community-acquired bacterial pneumonia. Infect Drug Resist 2011;4:77-86.
- Pound MW, Townsend ML, Drew RD. Echinocandin pharmacodynamics: review and clinical implications. J Antimicrob Chemother 2010;65:1108-1118.
- Townsend ML, Wilson D, Pound M, Drew R. Emerging treatment options for complicated skin and skin structure infections: oritavancin. Clin Med Insights Ther 2010;2:25-35.
- Garber SM, Pound MW, Miller SM. Hypoglycemia associated with the use of levofloxacin. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2009;66:1014-1019.
- Brown JN, Barnes CL, Beasley B, Cisneros R, Pound M, Herring C. Effect of pharmacists on medication errors in an emergency department. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2008;65:330-3.
- Townsend ML, Pound MW, Drew RH. Tigecycline in the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal and complicated skin and skin structure infections: a review. Ther Clin Risk Management 2007;3:1059-1070.
- Pound MW, Tart SB, Okoye O. Multi-drug resistant Ewingella americana: a case report and review of the literature. Ann Pharmacother 2007;41:2066-70.
- Pound MW and Townsend ML. Treatment of infectious endocarditis. US Pharm 2007;32:HS32-HS43.
- Pound MW and Miller SM. Written versus oral recommendations made by pharmacy students during internal medicine rotations. Ann Pharmacother 2007;41:772-6.
- Pound MW, Fulton KB, Chima CO. Klebsiella rhinoscleromatis bacteremia treated with levofloxacin. Pharmacother 2007;27:161-163.
- Townsend ML, Pound MW, Drew RH. Tigecycline: a new glycylcycline. Int J Clin Ther 2006;60:1662-72.
- Pound MW and May DB. Proposed mechanisms of Jarisch-Herxheimer Reactions. J Clin Pharm Ther 2005;30:291-5.
- Pound MW, Drew RH, Perfect JR. Recent advances in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of fungal pneumonia. Curr Opin Infect Dis 2002;15:183-94.