Dr. Holland joined Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences (CPHS) in May 2009 and teaches in both the undergraduate and graduate clinical research programs.
She serves as the advisor for dual PharmD/MSCR students. Prior to joining Campbell, she practiced as a clinical pharmacist in geriatrics, internal medicine, and anticoagulation in the inpatient and ambulatory care settings. She has been involved in research studies in the therapeutic areas of diabetes, anticoagulation, hyperlipidemia, infectious diseases, and geriatrics. Other areas of interests include cardiovascular diseases, medication adherence, and transitional care. Dr. Holland serves as the co-faculty advisor and liaison for the Student College of Clinical Pharmacy (SCCP) which is the CPHS student organization for the American College of Clinical Pharmacy.
- PharmD, Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- MS, Clinical Research, Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- BS, Biology, Pennsylvania State University
- Geriatrics & Clinical Research Fellowship - Campbell University School of Pharmacy; Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Durham VA Medical Center; Center for the Aging, Duke University
- Registered Pharmacist, NC and MD
- The Pharmacist & Patient-Centered Diabetes Care, National Certificate Training Program
Awards, Recognition & Honors
- Professor of the Semester, Department of Clinical Research, Spring 2014 and Fall 2016
- Educator of the Year Nominee, College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, 2017-2018
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- North Carolina Association of Pharmacists
- DeZubay JL, Bell TL, Drew RH, Mills EP, Smith JD, Holland MA. Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Patients with a Prior History of Corticosteroid-Induced Hyperglycemia. JCPhP-accepted July 2018.
- Ghassemi E, Smith J, Owens L, Herring C, Holland M. Relationship between medication synchronization and antiretroviral adherence. JAPhA 2018;58:S78-S82.
- Castro KE, Corey KD, Raymond DL, Jiroutek MR, Holland MA. An Evaluation of Gout Visits in the United States for the Years 2007 to 2011. BMC Rheumatology 2018;2:14.
- Stanaland M, Jiroutek MR, Holland MA. Study of the Association between Serum Vitamin D Levels and Prostate Cancer. Military Medicine 2017 May; 182(5):e1769-e1774.6
- Holland MA, Young ML, Jiroutek MR. Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Infant Mortality in North Carolina from 2008-2009. NC Med J. 2016;77(6):373-377
- Ibrahim SL, Jiroutek MR, Holland MA, Sutton BS. Utilization of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors (ACEI) and Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARB) in Patients Diagnosed with Diabetes: Analysis from the National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey. Prev Med Rep 2016 Jun;3:166-170
- Payk SL, Drew RH, Smith JD, Jiroutek MR, Holland MA. Sulfonylurea Prescribing Patterns after the Introduction of DPP-4 Inhibitors and GLP-1 Receptor Agonists. Clin Ther. 2015 Jul 1;37(7):1477-1482
- Pauff BR, Jiroutek MR, Holland MA, Sutton BS. Statin Prescribing Patterns: An Analysis of Data from Patients with Diabetes in the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey Outpatient Department and National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey Databases, 2005-2010. Clin Ther. 2015 Jun 1;37(6):1329-39