Dr. Cogdill is Founding Dean and Professor of Church Leadership. He served as Dean of Divinity School from 1996-2010. Prior to becoming Dean of the Divinity School, he served as Chair of the Department of Religion and Philosophy. Dr. Cogdill is active in North Carolina Baptist church life through service as an Interim Pastor, Worship leader, and Bible Study teacher. He and his wife, Gail, have two children and three grandchildren. They are members of Memorial Baptist Church in Buies Creek.
- B.A. Mars Hill University
- M. Div., Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- D. MIn., Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.S. North Carolina State University
- In 35th year of service to Campbell University.
- Have served 21 Interim Pastorates during tenure at Campbell.
Awards, Recognition & Honors
- 1997 Pine Burr Dedication
- 1992 Professor of The Year
- 1996 named Founding Dean of Campbell Divinity School
- Inauguration Preacher for Inaugurations of Presidents Jerry Wallace and Bradley Creed.
- Preacher for Dedication of Butler Chapel
- Book in progress -It Is Worth A Life: Hearing and Responding To God's Call