Dr. Jiroutek has been teaching biostatistics at Campbell University since January 2012, beginning as an adjunct faculty member, before joining the Department of Clinical Research full time in June 2012. In addition to teaching both undergraduate and graduate level biostatistics courses for the department, Dr. Jiroutek provides data management, programming and statistical support for the department’s master’s research projects. He offers consultation for posters and oral presentations of project work at both local and national conferences as well as manuscript writing and publication on a continuing basis.
In addition, Dr. Jiroutek provides statistical consulting for various research projects and grants within the College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences and the School of Osteopathic Medicine. He collaborates with colleagues at other institutions on research in statistical education and continues to pursue methodological research related to his doctoral dissertation.
Dr. Jiroutek’s commitment to the university community goes beyond teaching, mentoring and research to include contributions through his time and effort on numerous committees, membership in professional statistical societies and as a member of the North Carolina Forensic Science Advisory Board, providing guidance on best practices to the State Crime Lab.
Prior to joining Campbell, Dr. Jiroutek worked for more than 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry providing statistical support for clinical trials at multiple contract research organizations and pharmaceutical companies. Dr. Jiroutek got his start in clinical research as a master’s level statistician working at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA.
- DrPH Biostatistics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MS Applied Statistics, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- BS Mathematics:Statistics, University of New Hampshire
- American Statistical Association
- Jiroutek MR, Turner JR. Why it is nonsensical to use retrospective power analyses to conduct a postmortem on your study. J Clin Hypertens. 2017; 1-3. doi: 10.1111/jch.13173
- Zagar B, Jiroutek MR, Hancock T, Kelly K. An Analysis of Insurance and Other Factors Associated with Asthma-related Emergency Department Visits, 2009-2014. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2017; 119:385-386.
- Pauff BR, Jiroutek MR, Holland MA, Sutton BS. Statin Prescribing Patterns: An Analysis of Data From Patients With Diabetes in the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey Outpatient Department and National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey Databases, 2005-2010. Clin Ther. 2015 Jun 1;37(6):1329-39. doi: 10.1016/j.clinthera.2015.03.020. Epub 2015 Apr 11.
- Pizer SM, Fletcher PT, Joshi S, Thall A, Chen JZ, Fridman Y, Fritsch DS, Gash AG, Glotzer JM, Jiroutek MR, Lu C, Muller KE, Tracton G, Yushkevich P, Chaney EL. Deformable M-Reps for 3D Medical Image Segmentation. Int J Comp Vision 2003 Nov; 55(2/3):85
- Jiroutek MR, Muller KE, Kupper LL, Stewart PW. Improved Sample Size Determination Methods for Confidence Interval Based Statistical Inferences. Biometrics 2003 Sep; 59:580-590.