Mr. Johnson is a faculty instructor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and the manager of the Quality/Analytical R&D Labs in the Pharmaceutical Education & Research Center of the Campbell University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. As an instructor, Mr. Johnson teaches Industrial Pharmacy Labs and Advanced Topics in Industrial Pharmacy Labs, Advanced Pharmaceutical Analysis Labs, Product & Process Validations, and New Drug Development & Pharmaceutical Regulations.
His previous experience includes over 25 years in medicinal chemistry and pharmaceutical development in the pharmaceutical industry.
- MS Chemistry, Oregon State University
- BA Biology and Chemistry, University of Hawaii-Hilo
- American Chemical Society (40 year member)
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (10 year member)
- Bejgum BC, Johnson PR, Stagner WC. “Acyclovir Chemical Kinetics with the Discovery and Identification of Newly Reported Degradants and Degradation Pathways Involving Formaldehyde as a Degradant and Reactant Intermediate”. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 2018 Jan, 535 (1): 172-179.
- Adin D, Johnson PR, Kim CH, Nguyenba T, Rosen S. “Long-term Stability of a Compounded Suspension of Torsemide (5 mg/mL) for Oral Administration”. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 2017, 31:1822–1826.
- Rudrangi P, Ghanta A, Haware RV, Johnson PR, Stagner WC. “Statistical Optimization of Evaporative Light Scattering Detection for Molten Sucrose Octaacetate and Comparison With Ultraviolet Diode Array Detection Validation Parameters Using Tandem HPLC Ultraviolet Diode Array Detection/Evaporative Light Scattering Detection–Specific Stability-Indicating Method”. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016, 105(12): 3603–3610.
- Uppaluri SG, Bompelliwar SK, Johnson PR, Gupta MR, Al-Achi A, Stagner WC, Haware RV. “Evaluation of the Moisture Prediction Capability of Near-Infrared and Attenuated Total Reflectance Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy Using Superdisintegrants as Model Compounds”. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2014, 103(12):4012-4020.
- Haware RV, Shivagari R, Johnson PR, Staton S, Stagner WC, Gupta MR. “Application of Multivariate Methods to Evaluate the Functionality of Bovine- and Vegetable-Derived Magnesium Stearate”. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2014, 103(5):1466-1477.