Dr. Qinfeng “Sarah” Liu joined the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences in 2008. Dr. Liu serves as course director or instructor for PHSC220/220L Quantitative Laboratory Techniques, PHSC410 Analytical Instrumentation, PHSC528 & PHSC530 Advanced Pharmaceutical Analysis – Separation & Spectroscopy, PHSC526 Protein Analysis and Bioassay in the BS and MS programs. In addition, Dr. Liu advises MS students to conduct PHSC610 Research Proposal, PHSC620 Research Project, and PHSC504 Advanced Research.
Dr. Liu’s current research focus is to develop pediatric formulations and formulation of protein and gene therapies. She is also interested at targeted drug delivery and disease biomarker discovery, as well as collaborative bioanalysis researches, particularly using hyphenated high performance liquid chromatography – mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS). Dr. Liu has published more than fifteen peer-reviewed journal articles and numerous meeting abstracts. Dr. Liu has received multiple grants as PI or co-I for extramural and intramural funds since she joined Campbell University. Dr. Liu is a member of American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS), American Chemical Society (ACS), and American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS).
- PhD Analytical Chemistry, University of Toledo
- B.S. and M.S., Fine Organic Chemistry, East China University of Sciences and Technology
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Vanderbilt University (2005-2008)
- Associate Professor, Campbell University (2017-)
- Assistant Professor, Campbell University (2008-2017)
- Liu, Q., Lam, A., Kathuria, A. (2016). Complex Acylation of Angiotensin II by N-Hydroxysulfosuccinimide linked Biotin Reagents. J Biomol Res Ther, 5,138-143.
- Bloom, T.J., Hall, J.M., Liu, Q., Stagner, W.C., Adam, M.L. (2016) Developing an Assessment Process for a Master's of Science Degree in a Pharmaceutical Sciences Program. Am J Pharm Educ. 80(7): 125.
- Kikuchi, T. et al. (2012) In-depth proteomic analysis of non-small cell lung cancer to discover molecular targets and candidate biomarkers. Mol. Cell. Proteomic, 11: 916-932
- Zhang, H. et al. (2011) Methods for peptide and protein quantitation by liquid chromatography-multiple reaction monitoring mass spectrometry. Mol. Cell. Proteomics 10: M110.006593
- Meeting Abstract: Battineni, B., Punyamurtula, S., Potluri, P., Liu, Q. Development Of A Child Friendly Nano-Formulation For Poorly Soluble Drugs. (2017) AAPS annual meeting, San Diego, CA