Steven W. Johnson is an Assistant Professor at Campbell University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Dr. Johnson’s practice site is at Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center where he is an Internal Medicine/Infectious Diseases Clinical Specialist. Dr. Johnson also practices in an infectious diseases clinic associated with Novant Health where he manages primarily hepatitis C and HIV. Dr. Johnson’s research interests include: Clostridium difficile infection, risk prediction models for resistant bacteria and hepatitis C.
- PGY2, Duke University/Campbell University
- PGY1, UCLA Medical Center
- PharmD, University of Colorado
Awards, Recognition & Honors
- Faculty of the year (P3), 2016
- Preceptor of the year, 2016
- Johnson SW, Teachey AL, Valanejad SM, Griffin SM, Weber SF. Cure with ledipasvir/sofosbuvir for chronic hepatitis C virus in an individual with gastric bypass. J Clin Pharm Ther. April 2017. online ahead of print.
- Perry TD, Nye AM, Johnson SW. Medication discrepancy rates among Medicaid recipients at hospital discharge. JAPHA. April 2017. online ahead of print.
- Johnson SW, Raccor B, Thompson, DK. Hepatitis C Virus-Genotype 3 Infection: An update on current and future therapeutic interventions. Current Infectious Diseases Reports. April 2017, online ahead of print.
- Johnson SW, Ammirati SR, Hartis CE, Weber SF, Morgan MR, Darnell TA, Silwal A, Schmidlin HN, Priest DH. Effectiveness of ledipasvir/sofobuvir in real-world patients with chronic hepatitis C virus: A collaborative treatment approach. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents. 2017 Jun; 49(6): 778-781.
- Johnson SW, Davis MM, Stever LM, Priest DH. Curing the historically incurable: Treatment success with ledipasvir/sofosbuvir for chronic hepatitis C virus in a heavily treatment experienced individual. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2016 Dec;41(6):727-729.
- Wilson DT, DiMondi VP, Johnson SW, Jones TM, Drew RH. Role of isavuconazole in the treatment of invasive fungal infections. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2016:12, 1197-1206.
- Jones TM, Johnson SW, VP Dimondi, DT Wilson. Focus on JNJ-Q2, a novel FQ, for the management of community-acquired bacterial pneumonia and acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections. Infect Drug Resist. 7 June 2016:9, 119-128.
- Miller BM, Johnson SW. Demographic and Infection Characteristics of Patients with Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobactericeae in a Community Hospital: Development of a Bedside Clinical Score for Risk Assessment. Am J Infect Control. 2016 Feb 1; 44(2):134-7.
- Johnson SW, May DB, Ceftaroline: Place in therapy compared to the available intravenous cephalosporins. Infect Diseas Clin Prac. 2014 Jan; 22(1):8-17.
- Drew RH, Townsend ML, Pound MW, Johnson SW, Perfect JR. Recent Advances in the Treatment of Life-threatening, Invasive Fungal Infections. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2013 Dec;14(17):2361-74.
- Johnson SW, Anderson DJ, May DB, Drew RH. Utility of a Clinical Risk-Factor Scoring Model in Predicting Infection with Extended-Spectrumβ-Lactamse (ESBL)-Producing Enterobacteriaceae upon Hospital Admission. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. April 2013, 34(4) 385-392.
- Johnson SW, May DB, Drew RH. How Long to Treat With Antibiotics Following Amputation Due to DFI: Are the 2012 IDSA DFI Guidelines Reasonable? J Clin Pharm Ther. 2013, Apr;38(2):85-8.
- Johnson SW, Kanatani M, Humphries RM, Uslan DZ. Clinical Impact of Switching Conventional EIA with NAAT for Suspected C. difficile Associated Diarrhea. Am J Infect Control. 2013, Apr; 41(4):373-5.